The building process used by custom home builders
We understand that most people are not builders and therefore are probably unsure of the exact process that goes into building a new home or extension. At David Reid Homes, our goal is to eliminate your stress and streamline the entire process. As our client, we don’t want you to have to worry about a thing!
The 6 steps to build your new custom home
- Soil Testing and Earthworks, site soil testing, site levelling and clearing vegetation ready for construction.
- Slab Stage, setting out the house design on site. Excavating and concrete footings. Under slab plumbing and electrical, and termite barrier as required before completion of concrete slab.
- Frame Stage, construction of external and internal walls with all bracing and cyclone tie down.
- Lock-Up Stage, installation of roof coverings, fascia and gutter, external wall cladding e.g. brickwork / weatherboards. Plumbing and electrical rough in is installed and the sheeting of eaves and patio ceilings completed, the external doors and windows are installed.
- Fixing Stage, plasterboard and cornice installation, waterproofing wet areas, laying tiles, installation of cabinetry / Kitchens, skirting, architraves, doors, and shelving,
- Practical Completion Includes all painting, floorcoverings, doors and window screens, clothes line. Site then cleared of waste and a final inspection, house clean and detail are completed before handover.
Looking for professional custom home builders in Gold Coast and Brisbane South? We’ll take the time to listen to you and understand exactly what you want and need. We’ll answer your questions, give you helpful and honest advice, and let you know how we can work within your budget.